Just went to see her. She has two nurses today because she is in such critical condition. She stopped urinating. She urinated something like .24 ml in 8 hrs. I tried to ask the nurses if they have seen babies with these kind of kidney problems and have they seen them recovered- they wouldn't really give me an answer. I asked if she could handle kidney dialysis and they wouldn't give me an answer. They just keep saying 'she's very very sick' and won't look me in the face. Everyone has gone eerily quiet and only make subtle faces and suck in deep breaths. I feel angry (Rachael) - I want to yell at them and say 'why won't you give me any hope' but I know that there's nothing they can do but wait and support her body's recovery.
I sit in the room where mom's can breast pump and just sob and beg God to save our daughter. I feel like throwing myself face down on the ground and not stop praying until he makes our daughter better. We feel so helpless, I feel like everyone in the world is praying for Madeline and things just keep getting worse. What else do we have to do? What do we have to give up? I would do anything.. I would give up everything just to see her survive this...Just tell me what to do and I will do it. There are no words to describe the pain we feel. There's nothing I can say. And there's no point anyways.
All we can do is keep praying that God heals her. I don't believe the Doctor's can do anything at this point. It is going to depend on God to help her recover. We just hope and pray that is his will.
The only strength I have left is to go in the room and tell her she's doing good and she's being brave and that we all love her and are praying for her. I try the best I can to sound positive but I can only stay for short periods before I break down and cry.
Please God, Please. Bring our daughter a miracle.
Keep being the strong person in Christ that I know you are, use your strength in Christ to uphold you and Ron, use god's wisdom to guide your decisions as a parent and as an advocate for Maddie. We love you
ReplyDeleteRachel, claim His promises... one is He would not allow more to come your way then He knows you & Ron can bear. Continue to hold on to His unchanging hand. Sickness and health issues are some of satans tools to seperate us from God. But God says He changes not. Just continue to hold on to Him and your faith in Him. We will continue to keep you all lifted up.
ReplyDeleteYour sister in Christ
My name is leeanna, we dont know each other
ReplyDeleteBut I have been following your familys story for a few days now.My heart breaks for all that you all have had to go through. A thought just came to me and I feel compelled to mention it although I am sure it's probably either been done our mentioned already, perhaps asking maddies primary doctor to consult another medical doctor and or possibly other specialists for a fresh perspective or possibly ideas that the current Dr's may not have thought about. Some Doctors do not think about doing this and some people are afraid to ask for fear of making the Dr mad_ My heart, hopes and prayers are with you all.
Rachael,
ReplyDeleteI can't even begin to imagine what you're going through right now. But I just wanted you to know that even though we haven't talked since high school, I'm praying for you, Ron, and baby Madeline. I've been following your blog since Kate sent me the link, and following your story since Kate told me that you'd given birth. I hope that you receive the comfort you need from your husband, your family, and most of all, from our Lord, who is the greatest comforter of all.
Emma (Free) Stickney
Rachael and Ron,
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for a miracle for Madeline right along with you. Maddie feels your love - your being with her and talking to her is giving her strength and comfort.
Love - Jen
Dear Rachael and Ron,
ReplyDeleteReading this update was heartbreaking. Maybe I am crying too hard and not praying enough! There are no meaningful words to offer I know but please keep your faith!
We will continue to pray that in His wisdom, God remembers this might just be the child who could find a cure for cancer, be a peaceful leader, stop hunger...Please God!!
Ron and Rachael,
ReplyDeleteWe are thinking of you and baby Maddie Belle tonight. Know that your prayers are with you. Remember above all the strength of Love.
Be in touch...
Mike and Sara